Re: OT restoring windows boot loader

Author: Bill Jonas
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT restoring windows boot loader
On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 03:50:18PM -0700, Rob Wultsch wrote:
> Thanks for the tips. I knew all of the above and was hoping to get
> around a full install as I am dealing with an ancient laptop that will
> not boot from cdrom. I will dd a bunch with it because it will take
> forever to reinstall everything. I will report back if I find anything
> worth note.

Boot from a DOS boot disk and make sure you have FDISK.EXE available on
it (the rescue disk that you can make in 98 is ideal, as is the install
CD, even though that's not an option in this particular case). Then run
"FDISK /MBR". Et voila, the MS bootloader is installed.

--
Bill Jonas    *        *    http://www.billjonas.com/
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step