Re: change of address

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: change of address
Michael Havens said:
> Hey guys, my email changed but when I changed it in PLUG it didn't
> change. Could someone (Alan) help me out.

Mike,

I replied to your message on the web site just today.

I am not clear on what you mean by "I changed it in PLUG" but I will
address all possible answers. It is good to get this information to
everyone anyway.

1. The PLUG web site maintains a profile of each registered user. The
profile includes your email address, should you choose to put it there.
The profile on the web site, including the email address in the profile,
has NO CONNECTION to the email address in your PLUG email list
subscriptions. It is independent of the email lists.

2. The PLUG email lists have a separate web based interface where you can
unsubscribe your old address and subscribe with your new one. Just follow
the link included at the end of this and every email from any PLUG email
list to make these changes.

3. Each PLUG email list is independent of the others. If you change it in
plug-discuss (this list), it will not change in any other PLUG email list.
You have to go to the interface for each list and change it for each one
to which you subscribe.

4. It is true that you can go to the FAQ of the PLUG web site and find
links to the email list subscription interfaces. However, those are just
links to the independent account administration for each of the lists.

I repeat again for clarity, the registration at the web site is not
connected to or integrated with the any of the email lists. Each of the
email lists is independent and not connected to the others.

Now, if a PLUGger wants to write a web form for subscribing to each, some
or all of the lists at once, you are welcome to do so. I am not a web
developer and will not take on that task though I would believe that it is
possible to accomplish.

Mike, I suspect that you need to follow number 2 above. The web site does
not send out regular emails at all.

Alan