Re: Problem starting Galeon

Author: Jonathan Hohle
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Problem starting Galeon
i'd guess /usr/lib/mozilla is a symlink (thought it's not in my ubuntu
install, but there is no /usr/lib/mozilla-1.x.x directory either).
what you can do is

rm /usr/lib/mozilla
ln -s /usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.3 /usr/lib/mozilla

this will give you a symlink, so that no matter what version of
mozilla you have, you can re-link it to /usr/lib/mozilla and not have
to worry about changing environment variables every time mozilla
changes.

then add
export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/mozilla
to your ~/.bashrc
so you don't have to worry about setting it every time you run galeon
(though setting the symlink might be the default value galeon checks).

Jon
<><

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:37:05 -0700, Siri Amrit Kaur
<> wrote:
> On Sunday 24 October 2004 04:34 pm, Jerry Davis wrote:
> > export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.3
>
> That did it!!! Thanks bunches!!!
>
> Siri Amrit

Jon
<><