Re: OT - Linux Friendly MOBO's

Author: Lee Einer
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT - Linux Friendly MOBO's
I would say beware of ACPI. While newer distros will detect and
configure for ACPI on the install, many older distros won't, and you can
look forward to a kernel recompile to get it working. Also, some
manufacturers have done a poor job of adhering to standards with ACPI,
which means that ACPI will not be fully functional under Linux.

Lee

Rob Wultsch wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:06:32 -0700, George Gambill
><> wrote:
>

>>I am looking for suggestion as to a Linux Friendly MOBO. I am interested in the 533 to 400 FSB range using PENTIUM processors.
>>
>>Any one have good reports here.
>>
>>Or, maybe I should ask for Linux Unfriendly mobo's?
>>
>>Or, maybe I am just paranoid?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>George
>>

>I think you are being a bit paranoid. With the exception of a mobo
>that has a chipset that came out two days ago you should be fine.
>
>Video cards are another issue....

Lee Einer
Dos Manos Jewelry
http://www.dosmanosjewelry.com