Re: restoring crontab file

Author: Richard Whitney
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: restoring crontab file
Quoting :

> I don't know where the file is, but you can do 'crontab -l -u root' to get
> root's crontab to standard output. Redirect that to a new file and
> viola...

or cello or violin!

how 'bout voila!;-)

> alex
>
> > wrote:
> >> I backed up a server before I retired it and I wanted to view roots
> >> crontab file but I am not sure where that is located, is it in /etc?
> >>

> >> Jim
> >> This message has been scanned using Contraxx
> >> Technology Group mail server v2.3 and is virus free.
> >> Visit <a href=http://www.contraxx.biz/AntiVirus>www.Contraxx.biz</A>
> >> to learn more about our antivirus efforts.
> >> *******************************************************
> >>
> > It is on Redhat/Fedora. Not sure about other distros.
> > Note, on RH/FC, it simply points to other folders (e.g. /etc/cron.daily)
> > where the actual scripts that cron runs are located.
> >
> > --
> > -Eric 'shubes'
> > "There is no such thing as the People;
> >   it is a collectivist myth.
> >   There are only individual citizens
> >   with individual wills
> >   and individual purposes."
> > -William E. Simon (1927-2000),
> >      Secretary of the Treasury (1974-1977)
> >   "A Time For Truth" (1978), pg. 237

R. Whitney
Transcend Development
"Producing the next phase of your internet presence"
http://xend.net
Premium Quality Web Hosting
http://hosting.xend.net

310-943-6498
602-288-5340
"The day this country abandons God is the day God will abandon this country"
"Linux is like a wigwam, no windows, no gates, apache inside." - borrowed from
Sharon Kimble off of the Fedora mailing list