Re: how to copy a live-cd?

Author: ec
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: how to copy a live-cd?
Probably the 'lazy man's' way is to open k3b from the
'multimedia' icon in the 'K' menu and click on k3b dvd
and cdrom burning. Then click on copy cd.

Or do a 'run command' K3b and it will open.

Pay attention to the default 'tmp' file path and make
sure it is sending it temporarily somewhere there is
enough space. Knoppix and 128mb in ram doesn't exactly
work, so I set the tmp path to some partition that has
plenty of space. Then it burns a copy okay.

Note in the window that you have several options, one
of which is 'copy cd'. click on that.

--- Siri Amrit Kaur <> wrote:

> New question, now that I got the last one answered.
>
> I have a live-cd of Simply Mepis 2004.03. Bought it
> from Edwards-Enterprises,
> which sells cheap Linux CD's. It boots fine, and
> installs on the harddrive. I
> know it's a "good" burn.
>
> I want to make some copies, but don't know how to do
> it from commandline, and
> can't get a good burn from K3B. Not sure how to make
> an image of this CD to
> my harddrive... couldn't do it in K3B. I tried
> burning a direct copy from the
> CD to a blank. K3B said it was a successful burn but
> the copy doesn't boot.
>
> Can someone please give me a step-by-step for doing
> it w/ commandline, or tell
> me how to do it in K3B?
>
> Thanks!
> Siri Amrit