Re: satire

Author: Craig White
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: satire
On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 08:37, betty wrote:
> gosh you guys, i thought it was obvious this was satire by the poor
> spelling/punctuation/argument. and i was always taught that satire is
> the highest form of comedy.

----
it can be when people understand it. Of course, that is the attraction
to and the danger of sarcasm - that people don't get it.

I have personally endeavored to remove sarcasm from my messages and it
causes me to be more blunt but much more clear. Sarcasm (satire) is a
double edged sword.

I am not sure anything was obvious from the link you provided - I
scratched my head reading it and decided that the edge presented by the
intended humor went over my head - at least given the small amount of
time and energy I was willing to devote to it.

Craig