How to connect a DVD burner plus a CD player? -- need cables

Author: Josef Lowder
To: PLUG
Subject: How to connect a DVD burner plus a CD player? -- need cables

1. What is the procedure to connect two CD units ...
    one DVD burner plus one CD player?

2. And, where can one find the necessary cables?

3. Also, I assume that the primary unit (DVD burner)
    should have the jumper set as "Master"
    (even though one HD is also set as "Master" and one as "slave")

I already have two hard disks on the primary IDE interface,
and it is my understanding that I use the secondary IDE interface
for the CD units. Is that correct?

No instructions or cables came with the DVD burner -- I guess
it is an "OEM" unit, perhaps a refurbished unit, although it does
not appear to have ever been used.

In any case, where can one find or purchase the necessary cables?
And, how many cables are needed? I have an available power supply
line, but in addition to needing the IDE interface ribbon cable, there are
jacks on the unit for both a 2-pin digital audio connector and for a 4-pin
analog audio connector. Are both needed? The Asus motherboard
manual and diagram indicate a place for a 4-pint audio connector,
but I cannot locate any 2-pin digital audio connector.

Joe