Wire polarity for connections to motherboard?

Author: Josef Lowder
To: PLUG
Subject: Wire polarity for connections to motherboard?

I am building a new system with an Asus A7V8X-X motherboard
and the manual lists system panel items to be plugged in to a
20-pin panel connector, but it doesn't explain what the polarity
should be - i.e. which colored wires on which pins.

I connected the wires as listed below, but have no way of
knowing whether this is correct or not. Can anybody clarify this?

Top row of the 20-pin block, left to right:
1 white : power LED : PLED +
2
3 green : power LED : PLED -
4
5
6
7 black : speaker +5V
8
9
10 red : speaker : speaker?

Bottom row, left to right:
11 labeled ide-led ... but I don't seem to have any wire to connect here???
12 labeled ide-led ...  "      "      "
13
14
15
16 black : ATX Power switch : PWR
17 red : ATX Power switch : Ground
18
19 white :  Reset
20 purple : Ground

Also, there is a hard disk connector 2-pin ide-led
for which the top pin is labeled "-" and the bottom pin "+" ...
and I have a white wire and an orange wire to connect here.
Which color should go on the "-" and which on the "+"?

Joe Lowder