RE: Accessing smbmount error -- permission denied

+ winmail.dat (application/ms-tnef)
Author: Sanjay Darisi
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RE: Accessing smbmount error -- permission denied

-----Original Message-----
From: on behalf of Craig White
Sent: Mon 9/27/2004 1:57 PM

----
>>if you try the above command...what happens?

I get the prompt back. Share is mounted. It shows up when I do $mount . But when I try to access the folder, it says permission denied. I can access the same share from another linux machine here. I'm doing all these as root.

> I do not have CIFS module, I'm running into errors when compiling one.

----
this is a separate issue - it's available to me (FC-2)

also note that samba is now up to 3.0.6 (if you're compiling from
source)

Craig