Re: InstallFest help

Author: der.hans
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: InstallFest help
Am 23. Sep, 2004 schwätzte Dennis Kibbe so:

> A geometry difference between the two drives perhaps?
> ssume.
>
> Dennisk
> What about doing a fresh install on Saturday? It's Debian, I a

Hmm, looks like a buffer prob Dennis :).

Anyway, yeah, it's Debian, but we finally got everything setup for them,
so I'd hate to have to do that again. If we have to reinstall we have to
reinstall. I do need to rescue a 40 GB ISO image of the old hard drive,
though.

Their previous install, some m$ thing, also suffered from data corruption,
so I'm really not wanting to completely trust the hw.

I copied via cpio, so drive geometries is irrelevant. It could be that I
forgot some necessary option, but the OS did work for a several days and
through many boots.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "Communications without intelligence is noise;
#  Intelligence without communications is irrelevant."
#  Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC