Re: SATA Drives temperature problem???

Author: George Toft
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: SATA Drives temperature problem???
They are Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM cheap drives. The controller is
on the mobo.

My case has 6 fans - 4 on the front blowing across the drives, 1 in back
and 1 on the site. I didn't think drive heat would be a problem :)

Now I added some $10 Fry's heat sink / fan combo drive coolers to both
drives and am keeping the drives under 100F. All is cool (pun intended).

So has anyone else had this problem? Or am I just extra rough on my
toys? I realized years ago that the reason I use Linux is because it
can take what I do to a computer.

George Toft, CISSP, MSIS
AGD,LLC
www.agdllc.com