Re: plain text format for readability

Author: JD Austin
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: plain text format for readability
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

>>should be readable. About once a year Win98 gets corrupted and I have to
>>reformat the drive. The OE default is multipart text/html.
>>

>And why do you rely on Windows for your email?
>
>I just thought your email was a good example of Windows.
>
>And it was funny since posted to a "Linux" list.
>
>I work with several various non-Windows systems that were first installed
>in mid to late 1990's; of course they have had upgrades, but no clean
>reinstalls and never any reformats.
>
> Jeremy C. Reed
>
>                 technical support & remote administration
>                http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/

At work I'm forced to use a windows machine (this email is for my
business), maybe Phil doesn't have a choice.

It didn't keep me from removing outlook, installing Mozilla and making
it my default browser/email client.
Re-installs for windows is a common technique to fix the gremlins that
pop up after prolonged use.
It's a crappy OS, even if it is the most popular one :) I have several
machines (some virtual machines) of
different operating systems just so I can support them.
Finding people with linux problems, that they can't fix themselves, is a
bit harder than finding people with windows problems.
To be honest, I make more money supporting windows than linux because a
lot of people have virus/spyware/corruption problems (grin)

I agree about non-windows re-installs. I had RH 5 boxes running for a
long time, it wasn't uncommon to have them run a year between reboots.
When I got newer hardware I upgraded. I don't have a windows machine
that lasts more than 5 days without a reboot.
No sense having a windows flame war.. you're preaching to the choir!

JD

--
JD Austin
Twin Geckos Technology Services LLC