Re: "Missing text" in browsers

Author: Siri Amrit Kaur
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: "Missing text" in browsers
On Tuesday 14 September 2004 04:19 pm, Jared Anderson wrote:
> No problem. Just so you know, web sites will load images from other web
> sites sometimes. Don't know if that is the case here, but its possible.

I know that happens. What threw me was that the slashdot images seemed to be
from slashdot, not some other site. I combed through the hosts file to make
sure there wasn't anything referring to slashdot in it. There was one line,
"images.slashdot.org" and I deleted it, but that still didn't fix the problem
so I thought the problem was something else. It's puzzling, but it's a little
thing, and it works now. I really appreciate everybody's help.

Thanks again.
Siri Amrit