Re: Need help setting up wireless LAN on Debian

Author: Craig White
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Need help setting up wireless LAN on Debian
On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 09:26, Mark Phillips wrote:

> I tried iwconfig and I ended up with wlan0 and eth0 running. When I
> disconnect the LAN cable I cannot access the Internet. So, my second
> problem is how to switch between the two connections - eth0 and wlan0.
>
> Thanks!

----
not only disconnect but take eth0...

ifdown eth0

then
ifup wlan0
(with your iwconfig) and then it should route stuff through your
wireless card and not through eth0 which obviously doesn't work because
it is unplugged. When you ifup wlan0, it should set your default
gateway, obtain ip address and dns server address from the network dhcp
server.

Craig