Re: SPF dicussion (Was: Re: [Fwd: Your email requires verifi…

Author: Vaughn Treude
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: SPF dicussion (Was: Re: [Fwd: Your email requires verification ])
On Sunday 05 September 2004 11:15, you wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 21:41, Alan Dayley wrote:
> > I am also surprised at the lack of discussion of some things that are
> > very important to the Linux/FS/OSS community. Not that I am complaining
> > about the content of this list! It is the most valuable email list
> > subscription I have.

Normally I would've jumped right in on this. But at the time Alan posted it
I was feeling pretty cynical. My two impressions were:
1. The law sounds so far-ranging I doubt that if the makers of electronic
equipment would let it go through because it would criminalize the production
of almost every kind of recording device. :-)
2. If the bill is amended to be "reasonable" - not in the sense that you and
I would think so, but in the sense that it wouldn't bankrupt electronics
companies - then it will pass, because what Disney wants, Disney gets. :-(
3. Don't know anything about SPF. I just checked out News Forge and saw the
article from Debian: are you referring to the so-called Microsoft
Royalty-Free Sender ID Patent License Agreement?

Vaughn