Re: [Fwd: Your email requires verification ]

Author: Craig White
To: plug-discuss
New-Topics: SPF dicussion (Was: Re: [Fwd: Your email requires verification ])
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Your email requires verification ]
On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 18:54, ec wrote:
> OOOPs, Jumped the gun. Didn't see the next RE:, but
> stand by my statement that MANY times, it is the
> 'uninformed' and sometimes lazy that get signed on,
> forget their password and then just do something that
> makes it miserable for the list(s) they signed up on.
>
> I had to email one 'turkey' from another email of mine
> and step by step explain to them how to unsub from a
> list as they were telling yahoo that that list was
> spam and for those of us on yahoo and others, it was a
> mess!!

----
I have a philosophy of not to reply to these and to just ignore the
emails until the people figure it out for themselves.

More importantly though, is the effort by Microsoft to induce system
admins to use SPF - a technology which not surprisingly incorporates a
Microsoft patent to control spam. It's evident that open source will
have to fight against this effort to control the flow of email and
surprisingly, there has been no discussion about that on this list.

Craig