Re: Wireless router help

Author: Eric \"Shubes\"
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Wireless router help
Don Calfa wrote:

> Not really OT but I just bought a Netgear router WGR614 and it won't
> finish it's setup phase. I find the wizard unneccessary but it seems
> that there is no other way to set it up. I've already started the
> support ticket with netgear but was wondering if any of you guys have
> this router.

I don't know that model in particular, but it probably has html
configuration pages that can be accessed by entering the router's ip
address (usually 192.168.x.1 or some such) in a browswer window (on a
computer that has a wired connection to the router). You'll likely see a
signon window with name (typically "admin") and password (try blank or
"admin"). Default name and password should be in some obscure piece of
documentation.

If there is such a thing, it's pretty trivial to configure the thing
that way (instead of the wizard).

You probably knew all that already, but just in case you didn't...

--
-Eric 'shubes'
"There is no such thing as the People;