Knoppix and dsl

Author: ec
To: plug
Subject: Knoppix and dsl
My 'other half' sometimes beats me to power on after
we shut everything down before a storm. She refuses to
run an 'installed' linux, just wants to run from cdrom
with knoppix (3.3 at that).

My question is what commands does she need to run to
get eth0 and the dsl talking to the internet when she
powers up PRIOR to the dsl being powered on!! Her
computer is in another room and .... well.. you
know...talking to a 'brick wall' about waiting till
the dsl is up.

I want to know what will get qworst dsl up after she
has powered up and the system doesn't 'see it'.

=====
Cyclists should expect and demand safe
accommodation on our public roads,
just as does every other user.