Re: OpenOffice.Org - Micro Placement .. a possible Inroad to…

Author: Joseph Toon
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OpenOffice.Org - Micro Placement .. a possible Inroad to aMostly MS Organization
Looking at CGC's site, it appears they have a management system for
construction companies called eCMS. The system appears to be java based
-- it looks like having it integrate with OOo is a great business move.
It provides a lower cost for CGC's customers (no MS Office/Windows
licenses) and it gives CGC flexibility of platform choice. I'm really
excited to see companies marketing these industry specific tools looking
seriously at OOo for integration purposes. As far as the MICR issue, it
really does seem as simple as just needing the font and the magnetic
toner for check printing.

Hopefully George can provide more detail as to the OOo integration
effort (or if I am simply making this all up) and perhaps if there are
plans as promoting Linux as the OS of choice for their system (this is a
linux mailing list afterall .. :)

Joe