Re: How to compile a list of unique words in a file?

Author: Josef Lowder
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: How to compile a list of unique words in a file?

I figured out another way to accomplish the objective with a
new shell script using a combination of 'tr' and 'sed' processes.
It takes several lines of code, so it's not terribly efficient,
but it gets the job done.

Tried the 'fmt' string you suggested (below) but it didn't work for me.
Complained about the "1" and gave a gobbled result.

> Maybe try:
> fmt 1 your-file | tr -d [:blank:] | sort -uf | less

Downloaded deroff.c and tried to compile it with gcc, but that
didn't work either. Got this error message:

$ gcc deroff.c
deroff.c:268: syntax error before `void'
deroff.c:1560: syntax error before `void'

> deroff is used to remove ROFF codes (nroff/troff, eqn, pic and tbl
> constructs) from files. For example, it can remove man page nroff codes.
> If you do want it, BSD-licensed code for it is at
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin/deroff/

joe