Re: Tutorial for optimizing security on a non-server Linux s…

Author: Michael Havens
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Tutorial for optimizing security on a non-server Linux system (possible installfest activity?)

On Wednesday 04 August 2004 07:16, George Toft wrote:
> > Finally, the aforementioned Securing and Optimizing Red Hat Linux by
> > openna is pretty good.  Very long read (yes, even longer than this
> > post), but still good.

I found the openna website (http://www.openna.com/products/books/books.php)
and just want to verify that the last book in the following list is the one
you are talking about.

I just read an about to all three books which said (in all three paragraphs in
the 'about') that these books had something to do with servers. Should I
let it worry me? Would one of the other ebooks be more appropriate seeig as I
run debian? But so do you so I suppose not.

Securing & Optimizing Linux: The Hacking Solution (v.3.0)
Title: Securing and Optimizing Linux: The Hacking Solution
Author's: Gerhard Mourani
Page Count: 1208
Version: 3.0
Date: June, 2002
ISBN 0968879314
Table of Content (TOC)

Securing & Optimizing Linux: The Ultimate Solution (v.2.0)
Title: Securing and Optimizing Linux: The Ultimate Solution
Author's: Gerhard Mourani
Page Count: 855
Version: 2.0
Date: May, 2001
ISBN 0968879306
Table of Content (TOC)

Securing & Optimizing Linux: Red Hat Edition (v.1.3)
Title: Securing and Optimizing Linux: Red Hat Edition
Author's: Gerhard Mourani
Page Count: 487
Version: 1.3
Date: June, 2000
ISBN 0970033001

--

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/