update lilo.conf

Author: Michael Havens
To: plug-discuss
Subject: update lilo.conf

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 16:47, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> When I said "show us" -- I meant you could show us your lilo.conf if you
> didn't see the error and maybe we could see it.

I never thought of updating lilo.conf! (1) So I've done a backup
of /etc/lilo.conf and then apt-get lilo (I hope that is the correct package).

So I guess I just hope that lilo doesn't crash the system. How should I access
the command prompt if lilo doesn't load so I can restore lilo.conf.old?
--
<:-)Mike(-:

bmike1@0[bmike1]$ sudo apt-get install lilo.conf
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Couldn't find package lilo.conf
bmike1@0[bmike1]$ sudo apt-get install lilo
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
libdevmapper1.00
Suggested packages:
lilo-doc
libdevmapper1.00
The following packages will be upgraded
lilo
1 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 936 not upgraded.
Need to get 307kB of archives.
After unpacking 134kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Get:1 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main libdevmapper1.00 2:1.00.19-2
[20.1kB]
Get:2 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main lilo 1:22.5.9-5 [287kB]
Fetched 307kB in 1m29s (3441B/s)
Reading package fields... Done
Reading package status... Done
Retrieving bug reports... Done
Preconfiguring packages ...
Selecting previously deselected package libdevmapper1.00.

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/