Re: http test 3

+ (application/pgp-signature)
Author: Bill Jonas
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: http test 3
On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 05:05:36AM -0700, Michael Sammartano wrote:
> I have to think back to what I changed before I went to bed.. Been a
> rough night! It did work. :(

Unless you have a business account with Cox, no amount of redirection is
going to make port 80 work. It's blocked *at Cox*, not at your
computer.

As suggested in the other thread, you could have it resolve to a machine
outside of Cox, and that server could then HTTP redirect it to port 80
on your machine. Many domain registrars offer this service for free.

--
Bill Jonas    *        *    http://www.billjonas.com/
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step