Re: resuming http test

Author: Matt Alexander
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: resuming http test
On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Michael Sammartano wrote:

> ># lsof -i | grep http
> >
> Linux:/home/volinaz # lsof -i | grep http
> httpd2-pr 7536 root 3u IPv6 15627 TCP *:http (LISTEN)
> httpd2-pr 7536 root 4u IPv6 15628 TCP *:dnsix (LISTEN)
> httpd2-pr 7537 wwwrun 3u IPv6 15627 TCP *:http (LISTEN)
> httpd2-pr 7537 wwwrun 4u IPv6 15628 TCP *:dnsix (LISTEN)
>
> I have "NO CLUE" what to make of this.. ;(

"lsof -i" will list all listening TCP and UDP connections.
"lsof -i -n" would show the actual port numbers and not the name from
/etc/services. In any case, dnsix runs on port 90 so this looks like
everything is fine on your web server. It's most likely that your
NetGear router is not configured correctly to forward port 90 from the
WAN to the LAN. If I remember correctly, NetGear has two places that
must be configured for port forwarding to work. One area defines the
forwarding rules and another area turns it on for a particular LAN IP
address.
You mentioned that you have ICMP echo reply on, but I'm not able to
ping your IP address. I also don't see any listening ports.
~M