Re: postfix and amavis not happy

Author: Anthony Boynes
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: postfix and amavis not happy
Here is what I use for our production spam filter box at work.

/etc/clamav.conf:
# By default it doesn't drop privileges.
#User clamav
User amavis

/etc/amavisd.conf
# Set the user and group to which the daemon will change if started as
root
# (otherwise just keep the UID unchanged, and these settings have no
effect):
$daemon_user  = 'amavis';       # (no default;  customary: vscan or
amavis)
$daemon_group = 'amavis';       # (no default;  customary: vscan or
amavis)

Anthony