Re: OpenGroupware.org Experts? (Craig White)

Author: Calvin Cannon
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OpenGroupware.org Experts? (Craig White)
Craig,

No, I think you're thinking of eGroupware, which is hosted on
Sourceforge.net. phpGroupware & eGroupware are still pretty immature in my
book, and are typically limited to only a web interface. I had not heard of
Horde until now. I'll take a look at it.

OGo was originally a proprietary product that followed open standards and
was recently made open source. It has a fully functional web interface, but
also interfaces with groupware clients like Mozilla Thunderbird, Mozilla
Calendar, iCalendar, etc. It also seems to interface with Palm, which is
both unique and quite useful. The main piece that wasn't made open source
is the M$-Outlook connector.

- CLC