Secure Digital Card & Reader

Author: Mark Jarvis
To: plug
Subject: Secure Digital Card & Reader

I had a Kodak digital camera. It had a problem and was out of mfg.
warranty, but covered by the credit card extended warranty. They
apparently have chosen to refund the purchase price rather than repair.
I'm now left with a 256MB SD card and an SD reader/writer. The one time
I used it (on a trip for grandson's HS graduation when the camera said
the card went flooey) the reader recovered all pictures easily and it
seemed to be just about like using my neat little 128MB flash drive.

It seems to me that I could carry the (compact size) reader, card, &
cord just as easily as I carry the flash drive & cord and use them like
a 256MB flash memory. Does anyone know of any real or potential gotchas
with that idea?

-mj-