Re: subversion under Linux

Author: Jim
To: PLUG
Subject: Re: subversion under Linux
That worked but I want to now use TortiouseSVN to checkout the project
and it is a no go.

"PROPFIND request failed on SVN3"
This is pretty big talk for a toddler of a library. The Intel incident
is by no means the first or only time Archive.org has pulled information
at a vendor or user's request. Exactly how a vendor that of its own
volition posts information in a public forum can then go back and claim
it's proprietary is beyond us and how a "library" can obey this request
defies comprehension. We're not talking about Windows source code here,
friends.

Beyond any of this, Archive.org does a poor job of recording sites - you
know, the ones it doesn't erase. Response times are horrible and more
often than not only a few old examples of sites exist.

"PROPFIND of '/svn3':301 Moved permanetly (ipaddress)

I want to use apache2 for serving this but I am not sure if apahe2 is
running well when I installed apache2 there was an error message about
something (apache) else running on port 80 so I then uninstalled apache
and just used apache2 but I am not sure if that broke the apache 2
install.

Jim