Cadaver "dead in the water"

Author: Vaughn Treude
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Cadaver "dead in the water"
Hello all:
Pardon the pun. I've just downloaded, compiled and installed the cadaver
application (version 0.22.2) to allow Linux access to a shared web folder,
and I can't get it to work. I try to access the folder like this:

cadavar -t http://website.com/share/
YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not bound
Authentication required for share on server `website.com':
Username: user1
Password:
Ignored error: /share/ not WebDAV-enabled:
404 Not Found
dav:/share/? quit

A litte background: I'm the webmaster for my consulting group. The page is
acutally hosted on an Apache server, but the previous manager selected (ugh)
Front Page (they bought me the 2002 version) as the access tool. I was able
to use FP's GUI to create a subfolder on the site, to convert it to a "web",
change its settings to disallow anonymous access, create an "author" type
user called "user1", and set the password. I can access this in Exploder
under "My Network Places" as an entry called "share on website.com." It
prompts me for the above user name and password and it works. I'm able to
view the contents and upload files. But we also have Mac and Linux users in
our group. I found the relevant instructions for the Mac, though I don't
have the means to test them. But the Linux instructions were rather terse.
It's my understanding that this folder is a "WebDAV" thing, so I tried using
caDAVer to acccess it. I've googled on the error message but haven't found
any useful replies. (Note that I set the "-t" for "tolerant" flag, but it
still wouldn't work.) I expect my problem is some silly omission or typing
error but as usual with software of any kind, the error message is confusing
at best and probably misleading. Any suggestions on what I should do next?

Thanks,
Vaughn