Re: Topic: Linux Distributions Overview

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Topic: Linux Distributions Overview
Josef Lowder wrote:

> Thanks, Alan, for hosting the meeting and for your presentation.
>
> I counted 24 at one point, but a few more left early.
>
> I don't have OpenOffice, so don't know how to extract the content
> from an ".sxi" formatted document. Any chance to just get the text?

If this is an issue for anyone else wanting the presentation contents, I
suggest one of two sources of action:

1. Get and install OpenOffice.org. It is worth it to have around and does
well with many other document formats besides it's own. Works great on
Windows too, if you must use some flavor of MS. If you don't have a
broadband connection to download it, ask the group for a CD. Someone can
make one for you, happily even.

2. Email me off the list and I'll send you the PDF of the presentation,
exported direct to PDF by OpenOffice.org. (See how cool it is?)

I'll get it on the PLUG web site at some point so that is a third option
if you want to wait for it.

Alan