Re: dist-upgrade on production system

Author: Jonathan Furrer
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: dist-upgrade on production system
I build things by hand, that way I know where they go, exactly what
libraries they were compiled with and I can update things before someone
else releases a package for it. That way when I hear that Openssl has
another vulnerability, I know whether or not my mysql build is affected
by it, etc..Those things are very important to me on a production system.

I'm not knocking people who use packages on a production system, just
providing my veiw on it.