Re: All Hail Knoppix (was Re: Novell freebies)

Author: ec
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: All Hail Knoppix (was Re: Novell freebies)
About 6 months ago, I was at the Post Office and said
'good day' to a lady that obviously was stressing out.
Apparently her windoze was 'flaking' and she couldn't
get it to run. Long story, written short, I confirmed
plenty of disk space, mirrored it onto her hd and
burned her important files. The kicker was she wanted
to get to re installing windows so she could check her
'important' email and knoppix was auto logged into her
Cox acct!! Blew her mind and the 'cat was out of the
bag' so to speak!! Up till then, I told her it was a
'system file recovery disk!!' Of course, I was going
to get around to explaining it was a linux live, but
when I showed her that Google was alive, she KNEW
something was fishy!!

Quick $50 for this ole 'newbie'!! Oh, and I left the
copy with her and a typed 'how-to-recover/check
email/etc' with knoppix...and my phone number and
email just incase she needed help again!!!

=====