Re: Linux-compatible 8x AGP video card

Author: KevinO
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Linux-compatible 8x AGP video card
Dennis Kibbe wrote:
> KevinO said:

>>Kevin Brown wrote:
>>
>>>Only AGP slot that supports one speed and one speed only was the old
>>>1x. 8x should be able to do 4x or 2x also...
>>
>>The documentation for my Asus A7N8X-X states that only AGP 8x is
>>supported.
>>- -
>>KevinO
>

> Are you sure it doesn't say that only 1.5 v 8x cards are supported? I have
> the Deluxe version of that board and older (nvidia riva tnt2) boards work
> fine.

According to page 1-9 of my manual:

"This motherboard has an Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) slot that supports
+1.5V AGP 8X cards."

I am running a PNY GeForce4 Ti4200 AGP 8X card. Are you saying that there are
4X or 2X cards that would be supported? (and run at 1.5V?)

- --
KevinO

A lost ounce of gold may be found, a lost moment of time never.