Writing to the Windows partition

Author: Bob Holtzman
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Writing to the Windows partition
I probably should ask this in a Windows group but I don't think
they would have a clue.

I can copy files from my Windows partition to my Linux partition
but not from Linux to windows. I'm dual booting W98SE and RH7.3.

As root with the Windows partition mounted the command and return is:

[root@localhost Calc]# cp filename.sxc /mnt/win/Transfer

And it hangs there looking like it's waiting for the rest of the
command.

The Windows directory is:

drwxr-xr-x  2 root     root   4096 Apr 15 23:05 Transfer

And the Linux file is:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 username username 6373 Jun 27 16:26 filename.sxc

This worked well under W95 but I recently upgraded to W98SE.
Any pointers wecome. Thanks.

--
Bob Holtzman
......check the price of the beer!"