Re: How's the InstallFest going?

Author: ec
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: How's the InstallFest going?
I am 'thinking' about bringing my p3-850 down and
getting a distro installed next time..possibly. I use
Knoppix 3.4 2.6 5/17/04 version now. I have 'kluged'
up the hd so much..7 partitions out of 30gigs, that I
need some removed and others expanded! There is one
partition I would hate to loose and it isn't hde1!!
(windoze, which isn't fully installed..bad w98se
disks.)

hde7 is the partition I have the 'good stuff saved on
and it is a 'free linus partition' in that it was
created without being linked to a distro, I think??
Being at the rear (hed7) can the others be reformatted
and resized without damaging it? Just wondering, could
burn cdrom of it.

Second problem, I can get the kb, moose, and box
there, but the monitor has to stay home as I travel by
bus!! Ujnless someone could pick me/it up along 78th
street and Indian School. Just measured the beast and
not sure I can fit it in the 'large' roll-around
suitcase. Guess I could make a 'rope/strap carrying
case for it, or lash it to my 2-wheel hand truck!!
(Might remove hd and put in backpack IF it is to be
'vibratted' to death!! hehehe. Midtower g-way box!!
Funnies on the controller..doesn't see any hda's at
all, all hde's.

--- Alexander Henry <> wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:00:49 -0700, Craig Brooksby
> <>
> wrote:
>
> >> Another was a wireless
> >> adapter on a desktop...
> >
> > That was me. A big thanks to Alexander H. for his
> work on my behalf!!
> >
> > Observations: 1) bring cat5 cables; 2) if you are
> bringing your box,
> > try to make sure it has a working eternet port
> (mine didn't!); 3)
> > Don't assume that just because you bought the
> Mepis CDs, you therefore
> > have the source. (I didn't).
> >
> > Welcome to the newbie zone. :-)
> >

> I think that people RSVP'ing to installfests, or
> people who see it on the
> web, should be given a form. That way they go down
> the checklist and
> either make sure they bring their stuff or request
> it on the list if they
> don't have it.
>
> I'll think about this a bit.
>
> --