Re: Slackware 10 released!

Author: Trent Shipley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Slackware 10 released!
On Wednesday 2004-06-23 17:46, Dennis Kibbe wrote:
> "Highlights of the 10.0 release include GCC 3.3.4 (with GCC 3.4.0 as an
> alternate in /testing), the Linux 2.4.26 kernel (with Linux 2.6.7 as an
> alternate choice in /testing), X11R6.7.0 from X.Org, Mozilla 1.7, GNOME
> 2.6.1, and KDE 3.2.3. Of course, there are many more improvements than can
> be listed here."
>
> I'm downloading with Bittorent now and should have CDs ready at the
> InstallFest on Saturday. If anyone needs a copy please let me know off
> list.
>
> Dennis Kibbe
> dennisk <at) arslinux .. net

Since I just destroyed all my configuration files I'm considering a switch off
of SuSE. Slackware was the first Linux I ever used (that was back in 3.5).

The installation was VERY educational, but was also labor intensive. What is
Slackware 10 like?

(What are the odds I can get it to install using my current fstab? (Destroying
data in my home directory is very, very bad.)