Re: software for the switch

Author: Patrick Fleming
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: software for the switch
The fact that you couldn't ping the switch probably has more to do with
your netmasking than drivers. Try changing eth0 to something in the
10.10.10.x range. Assuming the netmask is 255.255.255.0 you won't be
able to access a net number other than 11.11.11.0-255 (BTW- how did you
come up with that number?) unless your routing is also set up to send
everything out eth0.

I was wrong the second time.... I must have been pinging myself. I changed
> eth0s ipaddress to 11.11.11.11 and the switches ipaddress (10.10.10.10)
> then became unavailable. So, do I need to download a driver for the

switch?