Re: Any suggestions on how to improve this?

+ (application/pgp-signature)
Author: Bill Jonas
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Any suggestions on how to improve this?
On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 08:17:34PM -0700, George Toft wrote:
> I'm comparing OS costs. The box comes with Windows, which the company
> pays for. Linux is extra.

Ahem. I think you said "Linux" when you meant "Windows". As in, "The
box comes with Windows, which the company pays for. Windows is extra."

It is my understanding that most mid-size-and-larger businesses have a
site or volume license for Windows and many of them will Ghost a
standard OS image onto the drive. OEMs will not sell a "naked" PC.
Thus, most businesses in this class wind up paying twice for the same
product.

Or am I mistaken?

--
Bill Jonas    *        *    http://www.billjonas.com/
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step