driver->canon F50

Author: Michael Havens
To: plug-discuss
Subject: driver->canon F50

I want to see if I can use this as a raw printer or if any of the canon
drivers will work. Unfortunately I am having difficulties and I want to know
if any of you can help me. Am I doing anything wrong?

(Configure as raw printer)
K-menu -> Print system -> Add printer -> <next> -> Local printer -> Parallel
port #1 -> <select raw printer> -> (Alps MD 1000) is the only selection in
the printer list)(select Raw printer) -> <test> -> (asks for password) ->
(won't accept password) I tried it multiple times both as a non-priveleged
and priveleged user -> <cancel> Then an error message appears saying that it
is unable to create the raw printer....... I kept on doing it and it finally
accepted the password. (it didn't print) But then the password windows pops
up again. Then when I click cancel a window appears saying, 'Unable to remove
temporary printer.'

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/