Re: Video Card Change

+ (text/html)
Author: Anthony Boynes
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Video Card Change
I have seen similar, and worse, problems in Windows. It amazes when people act as though Windows never has any errors or problems at all....

Anthony

Phil Mattison <> wrote:
Well, here's something pretty funny. I ran HardDrake and selected 640x480x8
display resolution in preparation for switching to a generic VGA XServer.
After restarting in the new mode (which worked ok) I started HardDrake
again. The dialog it displays won't fit in a 640x480 display, and can't be
resized any smaller. The button to reconfigure the hardware is at the bottom
of the dialog, off-screen, out of reach! This is one of the most fundamental
user interface errors you can make. Anybody still think Linux can compete
with Windows? Not bloody likely.
--
Phil Mattison
Ohmikron Corp.