SUSE R40e problems

Author: brian sanders
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: SUSE R40e problems
Still trying to get this thing running. I tried some other
distributions, RH7.1 and 7.3 have no keyboard function
making install impossible, Fedora RC1 freezes on media check. I can
start SUSE in failsafe but nothing else.
I even installed a printer to capture some of the config files but on
regular boot, it would hang on als4151 (sound card)
during the install config, it seemed to detect the card just fine. I
know that Thinkpads have a restore partition but I disabled that and the
install program should have used the entire disk.

Thanks everyone for your efforts, Brian