Re: CanonF50 Printer

Author: ec
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: CanonF50 Printer
Apparently, this is a 'multipass' printer class and
according to linuxprinting, it is only 'partially
supported', the class that is, no mention of the F50
model at all.

I gathered that by going to canon's webpage and
searching under the model. Then back to linuxprinting
and seeing the other multipass models listed in the
partially supported column. So, who knows, you might
get it to work somewhat, sometimes, depends.

Here's hoping you didn't pay toooo much for it.

Btw, a friend, who had a 'department store' CC burning
a hole in his wallet bought a 'package' of low end
stuff and gave me his printer, which isn't supported
at all in linux. Another friend upped to XP and a new
system, and her old one printer wasn't supported in
XP, so trade time!! I know have that one and it works
in linux!! And she didn't have to buy a new printer!!!

May you find a 'swapout' like that.

--- Michael Havens <> wrote:

> I bought this Thursday at the Scottsdale Senior
> Citizen Center. I googled it
> and have discovered that it doesn't work in Linux.
> Does anyone know of a work
> around? I googled it and it seems that the S600
> driver might work but since I
> have no ink I can not verify this. I get no error
> when I tried to print so I
> don't know what to think.
> What do you think?
> --
> <:-)Mike(-:>
>

> This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI
> Internet
> Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is
> believed to be free of spam or viruses.
> Please report spam to . If you would
> like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
> E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details.
> Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.
>

> http://www.vei.net/

=====
Cyclists should expect and demand safe
accommodation on our public roads,