Re: OT: Jobs part 2 - FORMAL Requirements

Author: george@georgetoft.com
To: plug-discuss
CC: raj
Subject: Re: OT: Jobs part 2 - FORMAL Requirements
Recap: I am looking for my replacement at a client site. Immediate
opening. Here's the official blurb:
Day Shift needs good phone skills, customer relations, problem solving and
resolution skills. Will be involved in Bridge calls / conference call
5-25 people at any one time during call. They need someone who can drive
these problem resolution calls. Multiple business units.
Key Search:

Webshpere
Apache
Web
Netscape Enterprise Server (not just netscape browser)
UNIX - All
IPlanet
TCPIP
"Wepshpere"

Plus:
IHS (IBM's HTTP Server)
Financial company experience
_________________
Position we discussed for AZ. WebSphere/Sr. UNIX ADMN
Brief Description of Position: Expertise in problem solving techniques
throughout the CLIENT environment on all platforms and on operating
systems. Expertise in networking and database operations to be able to
improve quality and reduce the
downtime of all peer group installations. Mastery in the implementation of
operating
systems and COTS. Proven ability to enhance performance and tuning of an
enterprise
level for an environment. Ability to write code in multiple programming
languages
to push packaged installs on all platforms. Project management skills to be
able to plan and implement multiple changes in multiple environments while
mitigating all risks. Assume a lead roll in service restoration and root
cause analysis.
Responsibilities include change control, configuration management,
Maintenance process for the environment, and OS upgrades. Brief
Description of Project: To ensure that VENDOR exceeds all availability and
capability goals for the CLIENT account. These individuals will be used to
ensure the overall quality of the environment is maintained. In addition
they will be responsible for
Developing and implementing long term solutions to OS, Middlware, and
Application
availability.

Key Skill Summary: UnixSystemAdmin
Skills Required: Strong Initiative
Leadership and Drive
Expert Problem Solving Techniques
Networking (Cisco)
Database (UDB, DB2, Sybase, Oracle)
UNIX (Solaris, AIX, HP, DEC, Linux) - Troubleshoot, implement, automate,
tuning,
etc.
Programming (PERL, ksh, C++, pl/sql)
Performance and Tuning of Enterprise Servers
Communications (mq, SNA)
Technologies to Support (minimum 6-8 to qualify for position)
WAS 2.03, 3.02, 3.x, 4.x, 5x
Linux: Redhat, Suse
Netscape
IHS
DCE/DFS
Weblogic
Automation/Scripting - SA function, i.e., Logging, health & welfare
MQ/SNA - communications
LDAP
DB2/Sybase/Oracle - connectivity

Send resumes to