Re: OT:hardware question

Author: Bryce C
To: PLUG
Subject: Re: OT:hardware question
I know you can run separate X servers with their own mice, but I think
the kb is a kernel-level thing. All keyboard input is sent through the
kernel and effectively combined into one output. Therefore, you can type
on 128 (usb limit+ps2) keyboards simultaneously and only have one stream
of characters.
Yes, I knew another box would be involved but take a look at stuff like
these http://www.disklessworkstations.com/. Relatively cheap (probably
as much as the card, and you can use 'em for more than *just* that. I'm
bummed that they don't have my favorite thin client, a small box about
the size of a floppy disk and about 2" tall for really cheap. Guess they
don't make it anymore.
Good luck

--
Bryce C <>