Serial Programming Question

Author: Liberty Young
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Serial Programming Question
I'm writing a quick program that ignores handshaking lines. I believe to
do that, one thing i'd like to do is "fake" CTS and DSR high by setting
them via an ioctl.

like so

int fd = open("/dev/usb/tts/0", O_RDWR);
int status = TIOCM_CTS | TIOCM_DSR

if (ioctl(fd, TIOCMSET, &status) < 0 ) return -1;

However, those lines aren't being set high. More importantly, I'm not
seeing the usb-serial driver pick up that ioctl (pl2303_tiocmset)
request and processing it. I'm not sure if the tiocmset ioctl() is not
being done correctly of if another driver is picking up that request,
whereas I'd like to have the pl2303.ko driver process that request.