Re: We have Debian (Woody) ... and X ... and Now ... OpenOff…

Author: George Gambill
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: We have Debian (Woody) ... and X ... and Now ... OpenOffice.org
Derek,

First, typing skills, not my gift.

Re: openoffice.org, it seems the "deb http://.... found (via Google) on a web page was a bit out dated. Goggling deeper I found a good address and now have openoffice.org. Thanks, your questions got me thinking and testing which brought to my attention the bad page address.

Derek and Bill,

Re: emacs. I found nano already on Debian and it serves well (edit /etc/apt/sources.list sans GUI). Therefore, emacs has lost some priority. But, thanks.

BTW, just an observation. while KDE was resting in the F7, I installed (apt-get) openoffice.org. Then when I went back into F7 with no close down/ re-start, Openoffice.org was there (KDE). I didn't expect that.

Thanks again.

George