paypal auth

Author: Mike Starke
To: PLUG
Subject: paypal auth

I have read thru Paypal's documentation and am still not clear
if paypal does https post query string to process credit cards.

Authorize.net's AIM does everything I expect, but I am still trying
to determine if paypal can provide the same services.

Authorize.net also has the ability to process eletronic check transactions
(deduct from checking account(s)); I am pretty sure paypal does
not offer this service, but if someone knows differantly, please.....

In addition to any info on the above, does anyone know of a simple
Perl module for either Gateway? I am really shooting for a transparant
process like that offered in Authorize.net's AIM.

v/r
-mike