ATTN: Fedora & apt users

Author: Bart Garst
To: PLUG Discuss
Subject: ATTN: Fedora & apt users
I tried an upgrade to Fedora Core 2 today using apt. If you're thinking
of trying this - Don't!

By the time the upgrade was finished I was left with no kernel. For some
odd reason, the upgrade removed my existing kernel and failed to replace
it. It appears many other packages failed as well (I didn't do a
thorough check).

I've been using apt to maintain my system since I installed FC1 so there
were no "funny" configurations.

I planned ahead before attempting this and made copies of my root and
home partitions so I haven't lost anything. I must admit, I'm bummed.

Bart