Re: Gimp question (or some other tool perhaps)

Author: Ted Gould
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Gimp question (or some other tool perhaps)
On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 21:15, Nick Estes wrote:
> I have an image (currently in xcf format) with 3 layers of text and 2
> different background layers. What I'm looking to do is have some command
> line method to alter the text of all 3 of the text layers and then produce
> 6 images. The 6 resulting images will be each of the 3 text layers
> overlayed in turn with each of the two background layers. Any ideas on an
> easy way to do this?

Well, without knowing more about your image -- I'd say that using SVG
would probably help you (surprise that I would say that :) You can put
the bitmaped images in the SVG file, and the text will still be in the
text based XML. You can then edit it how ever you want.

Ofcourse, if you want to build SVG files, the best tool is Inkscape
(http://www.inkscape.org)

        --Ted